Wondering if Notion AI is able to browse the internet?
The answer is no — it cannot.
Let’s see the reason for that.
Reason: Why Notion AI can’t browse the internet
Notion AI isn’t able to browse the internet because:
- It is a trained AI model based on existing data
- The most recent data is from 2021
- This data is already established — it doesn’t refresh in real time
Essentially, Notion AI is a wrapper of GPT 3.5, so it cannot update.
That is unless Notion AI doesn’t upgrade to GPT-4, which is currently impossible.
OpenAI keeps the GPT-4 AI just for themselves.
Meaning? Apps like Notion cannot use GPT-4 for their AI chatbots.
Alternative: How to browse the internet with AI
If you want to browse the internet with AI, you have two options that really the same:
- ChatGPT Plus: For $20/month, you can use GPT-4 to browse the internet in real time
- Bing: Runs on less-powerful version of GPT-3.5 with OpenA’s API
See what we mean? Both ChatGPT + Bing use each other, so it’s essentially the same thing.
If you find all this GPT terminology confusion, you can read our guide explaining every GPT model.
Hope this guide answered your question!
If and when there will be an option to use Notion AI and the internet at the same time, we’ll be sure to update this guide.
Learn how to become more productive with our guides on how to use AI.
Thank you for reading this,
Ch David and Daniel