Wondering how old ChatGPT‘s data is?
In this guide, we’ll answer all of your questions on this topic.
Key Factors: Data in ChatGPT
|Why Not Current
|570GB of Text
|Web Pages, Books, etc.
All about ChatGPT’s data
- Latest data comes from: January 2022
- Why not current data: It takes time to gather, clean, and train data. So there’s a time lag between real-world events and updates to my database.
- How much trained data: ChatGPT is trained on ~570GB of text data.
- Where ChatGPT gets its from: A large dataset that includes text from websites, books, Wikipedia, and other sources.
- Note how ChatGPT say it doesn’t collect private data.
- However, that’s not always the case.
- We went in-depth on this in our guide answering if ChatGPT is safe to use.
Other web pages say ChatGPT’s most recent data is from 2021.
However, that’s wrong — these guides are outdated by now.
Relevant read: How to train your ChatGPT
We always update our guide whenever new versions come out.
Hope you learned something new in this guide!
Learn how to become more productive with our guides on how to use AI.
Thank you for reading this,
Ch David and Daniel